Philips HeartStart OnSite Adult SMART Pads Cartridge
During sudden cardiac arrest emergencies, saving time saves lives. That's why the Philips HeartStart OnSite uses SMART Pad Cartridges that comes mounted to the device itself and are pre-connected for even faster deployment. As soon as you pull the green cartridge handle the device activates and begins coaching the rescue step by step. SMART Pads comes ready to be peeled off immediately and placed directly on the patient.
- MPN: M5071A
- Shelf-life: 2 years
- Manufacturer: Philips
- Application: patients over 55lbs or above 8 years old
- Compatible With: Philips HeartStart OnSite ( M5066A) and Philips HeartStart OnSite Home Unit (M5068A)
Philips HeartStart OnSite Maintenance Overview
When Do I Need To Change My AED Pads?
- About every 2 years - or after use during an emergency.
- AED pads use an adhesive gel to stick to the skin of patients
- Over time (2 years for the SMART Pads), this gel expires and loses its ability to stick to patient's skin meaning your AED won't be able to monitor heart rhythms and administer defibrillation
- Remember that these are single-use pads, so they should be replaced after use
Where Can I Find The Expiration Date?
- On the front of the cartridge, directly beneath the graphic of the person, there is a small white label with an image of an hour glass (expiration icon) and a date (Year/Month format)
- That label tells you the expiration month of the pads, so make sure to have replacement pads at the ready before that date
How Do I Replace My Philips OnSite AED Pads?
- Find the latch at the top of the OnSite and slide it to the side. This is going to release the old cartridge so you can remove it from the device completely
- Take the new cartridge out of its packaging and insert it into the front of the device
- Insert the bottom of the cartridge first and then push the top completely into the device, it should click into place
- *Remember to avoid opening the cartridge in any way until they're needed for an emergency so that the gel adhesive does not dry out.
Call our support team if you need additional help, we're happy to walk you through the full maintenance process and answer any questions you may have!
How Do I Dispose Of Old AED Pads?
You can throw away old AED electrodes in the trash once they've been used or are expired (AED pads are not made of hazardous materials so they can be disposed of normally)
Who Can These Pads Be Used On:
Adults and children 8 years and older or above 55 lbs
Purchase Philips SMART Pediatric/Infant Pads (M5072A) for children younger than 8 years old or under 55 lbs
Philips SMART Pads Cartridge are only compatible with the Philips HeartStart OnSite AED (M5066A)
Cannot be used with any other Philips AED models
SMART Pads cannot be used as training pads. For AED training purposes you can purchase an OnSite SMART Training Pads Cartridge (M5073A) which is compatible with your OnSite AED.
When replacing pads, also check the AED battery as well. Always remember to note the date you installed the battery to keep track of when exactly it should be replaced. View Philips HeartStart OnSite Replacement AED Battery
If there are children frequently at your location, we recommend keeping both adult and pediatric SMART Pads with your device at all times
Regularly check on your device, its status indicator will flash green if its rescue ready. If your AED begins beeping, press the green i-button and the device will tell you what specifically needs maintenance